So you want to sell your property. Here’s an overview of the conveyancing process when selling:
What we do
- Review agreement with the Real Estate agent (if required)
- Prepare the contract
- Resolve any problems with the title
- Collect the various documents needed to be included with the contract
- Review Mortgages or refinancing arrangements
- Answer requisitions (questions about the property)
- Check settlements figures
- Attend the settlement and ensure that the transfer of the title gets the money agreed.
What you will need to do
- Check the list above and work out what information you can supply.
- Who has the title deeds?
- Does the property have a swimming pool?
- What additions and alterations have been done?
- When were these done?
- Were compliance certificates issued?
(this list is not exhaustive)