So you are buying a property, here is an overview of the conveyancing process for the purchaser.:
What we do
- Review the contract especially the documents needed to be included with the contract
- Find any problems with the title
- Review Mortgages or refinancing arrangements
- Ask questions about the property (requisitions)
- Check settlements figures
- Attend the settlement to ensure that the money transfered gets the title to the property
What you need to do
- Have a good look at the property and think about what reports & inspections are likely to be needed.
- Talk to your bank or mortgage broker about financing the purchase.
Conveyancing with confidence – a guide to the conveyancing process